I'm so confused.
And pissed off.
I have been restricting for a very long time, but my weight has gone UP.
I don't fucking understand!!!! Can someone pls explain this to me?
I know your body reaches a point where it hoards fat b/c it is going into starvation mode - how do I push through that? It scares the shit outta me. Why is my body making me do this to it? Why can't it just fucking cooperate?!
Just when I thought I was feeling positive about my results - jeans fitting looser, clothes looking a bit better - I stepped on the scale and now I'm dejected and angry and confused.
Lacing up my sneakers...gonna try to burn off this anger....
Um I don't know if this helps but if you eat too little for too long then your metabolism goes to crap. To fix it, pick a higher number of calories than you usually eat, even if you don't want to, and eat small meals of a portion of those calories throughout the day. Make it maybe six to eight meals spread out every few hours. I recommend at least 800 calories but try for 1200. Whatever works for you. It resets the metabolism but since you are not eating enough all at once you can burn of the calories as you consume them. Even a day or two of this and restricting afterwards will make your weight shoot down. It worked for me and it worked for We Are All Mad Here.
ReplyDeleteHope I helped.
xoxo good luck
That does help - and it makes perfect sense, but how can I force myself to eat when I just physically don't want to? Right now I'm comfortable at about 500 cal per day - I can't imagine trying to choke down 800 or 12 even. I guess what I'm doing now isn't working, so trying to shake things up, as scary as it sounds, may just be what I need to do. How the hell do I do this?! Oy - I appreciate the advice! And if you've had success with it, then I feel less like I'm going blindly into this... thanks! xoxo
ReplyDeleteIf it helps start at a lower calories intake for the day and eat only little amounts at a time. You can eat as many or as few meals a day as you need to spread out the calories to a comfortable intake. :)
ReplyDeleteIf you exercise differently it helps too. Like if you walk every day try strength training or if you strength train a lot try to bike. Just as an example. I'm no expert but I think it does work.